Pages

Tuesday 8 March 2011

A fishy business...


These beautiful fish knives were bought by me last week from a local charity shop.
They had been calling me for months - £5 for 6 - "Please buy us, we've been much loved, then forsaken.   Even worse than that our other halves were NICKED!"
The reason I didn't buy them months ago was because they didn't have the matching forks.  Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a matching ANYTHING sort of person, however these beaut's do need an appropriate partner.  I'm not a snob or anything but I do really feel that  anything short of a marriage made in heaven just wouldn't cut the mustard with these upper class beauties.

Can you cotton-picking believe some low-life would stoop to pinch things from a charity shop?  No, me neither!

This little tale started a few months ago when Wend said in her blog "What things would you  bring back?"  It got me thinking of my lovely Pop who would always used a fish knive and fork, when eating fish obviously!
I had seen these only the week before, so in a funny way they were meant to be mine.


Please everybod can you keep your eyes peeled on your travels for -


WANTED




RYALS - EPNS
fish forks
A reward will be paid.


If you do come across any similar I would be chuffed if you'd let me know.


I'm off to sewing class now...


Heigh ho, Heigh ho
its off to work we go..
Vainly trying to be sensible with a 
Sew ho, Sew ho, Sew ho.

2 comments:

  1. I'll keep my eyes peeled on my travels.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have time to write a blog post before coming to sewing class! No wonder you were late this morning xx Your very tolerant tutor xx

    ReplyDelete