Pages

Wednesday 17 April 2013

A flavour of my days...

here...


such a wonderful setting...


so much to learn.

A Picturesque garden in so many different ways.

Layers of love, memories and decay.

Nature and nurture work hand in hand.

A grafting of gardeners, 
  passion like sap in their veins.
Their knowledge is there for the picking;
working alone, they're happy to stop and share.

My first February days were a challenging time to start;
a bleak and cold landscape.



A blank canvas; that only now can I appreciate
as I watch the gentle slip into spring.

9 comments:

  1. It will be lovely for you to see the garden come to life before your eyes - and to be warm in the process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is happening, albeit slowly; aah warm, just remind me what's that? I wouldn't mind, I don't even feel the cold normally.

      LLX

      Delete
  2. We are positively balmy in the North... Blistering 14 degrees the other day!
    That looks a great place to work and watch the plants unfurl, from lifeless to life with new growth and that wonderful Spring green colour.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are positively balmy in the North... how do I know? I lived there long enough to experience it first hand, added to which I'm a quarter Yorkshire. Probably accounts for a lot of my funny little foibles?

      LLX

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely garden, castle and house- hope you can nip inside sometimes too! (Still not much green about Down South I see.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hands up... these photo's were taken a couple of weeks ago. There is a tinge of green about the trees at last; still blooming parky though.

      LLX

      Delete